HOW TO APPLY FOR A COMMUNITY GRANT?
The call for grant applications has been announced on our website (view news release here) and through social media. We encourage organizations to get their grant applications in well before the deadline, in case there are follow up questions.
WBCF uses a two-step application process for grants of $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) and over. This process is meant to assist applicants. Projects under $10,000 complete one simple application. This ensures unsuccessful applicants do not waste time and resources to a lengthy proposal, and allows our grants committee an opportunity to raise questions in a follow up to larger requests.
If you are applying for less than $10,000, please complete the preliminary application here.
Grant applications of $10,000 or more should also apply using the preliminary application. If your application passes initial screening, the Grants Committee may follow up and ask for a more detailed proposal and/or interview.
We do acknowledge receipt of grant applications but it doesn’t hurt to follow-up to ensure your application has been received before the deadline.
Grant Target Areas
For each grant cycle we establish target areas we wish to fund, based on community need. If you want to discuss a specific idea before applying, please e-mail the grants committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WBCF 2018 Community Grant target areas are:
- Community Services - with focus on support to families and individuals
- Accessibility to appropriate mental wellness supports for youth and young adults
- Increasing access to parenting programs and supports particularly in rural areas
- Support for persons experiencing abuse and family violence including abuse against seniors
- Family counselling for divorce and separation
- Health – with focus on addictions and mental health